Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs List

Today I was installing MS Office 2010 Professional Plus, I don't know for what but I cancelled my installation. Now comes the issue, I am trying to reinstall the product, but I can't. The setup starts initiating the process but ends up with an error "report for solution or close the program". For reference sake I am currently having Windows 7 as my OS.
While reinstalling Office I didn't remembered this is my second attempt. Suddenly it strikes me out and I check add/remove program in Control Panel. Its seems like MS Office is partially installed. I tried to uninstall it but failed. Then I just search net for this and I find out a solution. It is dam simple. You just have to do is remove the product entry from windows registry.

Start => run => enter regedit
Go to location, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Delete the entry.

For safety, take a backup of registry file.

No comments: